Monday, January 4, 2016

December 28, 2015

This week was awesome! I got to talk to you guys so that was sweet. It's so hard to start to do missionary work after Christmas. Transfers are today and I'm getting a new companion. His name is elder wilcock so lots of jokes about that. I've met him once and he seemed pretty cool so we will see. Yesterday we went to have a lesson with one of our investigators. His fiancé is less active, but is a member. He is the one who didn't believe in Jesus Christ. We asked him if he had any questions and he said yes. "What do I have to do to become a member?" We were both kind of taken back. Then we thought. Oh wait... We actually know how to answer this question. He is scheduled to be baptized on the 30th of January. That was amazing. I didn't ink stuff like that actually happened. I don't really have any other stories since I told you all of them when we were skyline, but this week was pretty good. As far as numbers go this week was awful. Nobody really wants the missionaries to bug them coming close to Christmas and we weren't allowed to proselytize Christmas or Christmas Eve. The members took great care of us though. We got tiny rc cars, $30 in subway gift cards, $20, a pocket knife, a box of Cocoa Puffs, plus all the stuff you guys sent me. I was really surprised. The members are so awesome out here. I didn't really have to buy groceries because I have so many sweets and stuff that people have us. It's crazy. I'm probably gonna get diabetes haha. I saw Veronica Laughlin on Sunday. She is karlee larsens best friend from byu-I. Apparently her grandparents are in our ward and her family is in the neighboring ward. That was pretty awesome. That's basically it for this week. Sorry I didn't have any super funny stories haha.

Spiritual thought:
1 O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!

2 Yea, I would declare unto every soul, as with the voice of thunder, repentance and the plan of redemption, that they should repent and come unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth.

3 But behold, I am a man, and do sin in my wish; for I ought to be content with the things which the Lord hath allotted unto me.
Alma chapter 29

Here alma who is a mighty prophet is just wishing that he were and angel so he could more powerfully profess the gospel. But he goes on to say that he sins in his wish and that he should be grateful for what God has given him. We do this to ourselves so often. We should be more grateful for the talents and abilities that we already posses instead of focusing on our weaknesses. Do the best you can and the lord will bless you for your efforts.

Love,
Elder Garfield

No comments:

Post a Comment