Thursday, December 17, 2015

December 7, 2015

This week was pretty darn good. We had a bunch of people cancel on us which was poopy, but we got over it. 3 of our investigators went MIA, but we found two of them haha. You can't escape two kids who have absolutely nothing else to do besides track you down. Today the rain is COMING DOWN. the stream next to the road is totally flooded. Almost over the road! It's supposed to rain Every single day this week so that is great. There is seriously a flood going on right now. The stream/river is almost up to people's houses. This letter is going to be kinda short because not much happened this week. Our investigators are doing well. Found a couple new people who will hopefully keep wanting to hear about the gospel. Today we had a tie dye party and that was super fun. Brother rice provided the tie dye and we just had to get some shirts and I did some sweatpants too. They are pretty awesome. The butt cheeks have bulls eyes on them haha. Sorry my letter is pretty lame this week. Nothing super out of the ordinary happened. So here is your spiritual thought. Also I will attach pics of the flood because it is pretty serious.
 

Spiritual thought:

"Joseph Smith’s actions when he was seeking for wisdom are a perfect example of what it means to have an honest heart. He said he wanted to know which of the sects was true so “that [he] might know which to join.” Even before he prayed, he was ready to act upon the answer he would receive.


       We must ask in faith and with an honest heart. But that is not all. We must also believe that we will receive the revelation. We must trust the Lord and have hope in His promises. Remember what is
written: “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.”What a wonderful promise!

        I invite all to seek truth from any of these methods but especially from God through personal revelation. God will reveal truth to those who seek for it as prescribed in the scriptures. It requires more effort than to just search the Internet, but it is worth it.

        I bear my testimony that this is the true Church of Jesus Christ. I have seen its fruits in communities and in the lives of many thousands, including family members; thus I know it is true. I have also tried the word in my life for many years, and I have felt its effects on my soul; thus I know it is true. But most important, I have learned of its truthfulness for myself by revelation through the power of the Holy Ghost; thus I know it is true. I invite all of you to do the same. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen."

More important than praying is praying with real intent. There are prayers I say that I don't think make it past the ceiling. That being said, it is important to pray whether or not you want to or are praying with real intent. However, if you are going to pray anyway, you may as well pray with meaning. Ask for things you most desire and give thanks for the things you are truly grateful for. God actually hears your prayers so tell him what you want to know.

I love you all. I miss you all. Have a great week.

Elder Garfield


No comments:

Post a Comment