Monday, June 20, 2016

June 20, 2016

This week was pretty interesting. We had the head of the missionary department, Elder Nielsen, come and teach us. I was pretty disappointed when he didn't teach any new doctrine ~ just the fundamentals of missionary work. It makes sense because there's no change to doctrine in the church, God is always the same. I am also getting transferred. I am going to southwest Portland. I am not sure who my new companion is going to be, but I will probably figure it out soon. I’ll be serving in the maplewood ward. It should be a good time. We also found a sweet new investigator this week, his name is Austin and he is a senior in high school. His family isn't super religious and he is trying to find his path in life. He had read 10 chapters in the Book of Mormon before our first lesson with him. We got a referral from a member of our bishopric. He said some guy he talked to lives in a motor home and he moves it around Canby. He said that he usually parks it in Safeway. We went to Safeway and saw this motorhome so we knocked on the door and it was super awkward. The guy was not interested at all. We took a picture of the motorhome to make sure was the right one. We showed him and he said it was not the right one. So that was really interesting. Also we went to have dinner at this older lady's house. And she has this big old loom inside her house. So we asked her about it and she was making some fabric that she was making dishtowels out of. So she taught us how to weave. Which is kind of cool, but very very useless. I was talking about how I was going to get a loom. She said if you want to get a loom that you need to consult an expert because there's lots of different types of looms. So I think I'm gonna look into it. It seems like it be really fun hobby, except it's really boring and time-consuming. Our neighbor asked me if I had seen the police out in front of the duplex. I said I hadn't and they told me why they were out there. Apparently yesterday while we were at church their son's mom was there to pick him up. Since it was Father's Day he was supposed to stay with his dad at the duplex. So she was very very angry and also she was high. She made a big scene and the police were called to get her to leave. Then they told me that later in the day she kept calling them saying that she was going to report them for kidnapping her son. She seems a little bit of her rocker. The neighbors told me that is why you find the right girl the first time. I was like oh yeah yeah yeah yeah sounds like a good idea. It's going to be interesting living in a normal apartment and not the duplex with the stray cats. Most of the cats are gone now. This week they captured them and took them to an adoption place. So now the only cats that are left are scratch Eye, elder menlove, sister menlove, and the bobcats. The Bobcats  don’t stay around much, because they are afraid of us. The other cats are afraid to, but not as much. Also I think the black cat is still around somewhere. But it's pretty rare when you see that one. And I think there are one or two gray ones left. So we still have a good amount, but not as much. The Bobcats aren't really bobcats, but they have no tails so I call them the Bobcats. Not much else to report on this week. I will let you know who my new companion is and where my new address is when I can.


Love,

Elder Garfield



No comments:

Post a Comment