Friday, June 3, 2016

March 21, 2016

This week was a bit rough not going to lie. We had some old guy yell at us to get off his porch like dogs. "Get out of here!! Go!! Get!!" He was a real nice guy. Then we were walking someone yelled "Mormonism is a F&$&@&$ joke!" That was nice of him. We didn't have a ton of success. A lot of cancellations and no one really interested. We did some service.. We did the ivy pull so we pulled a bunch of ivy and chopped down some blackberry bushes that was pretty fun. Then we planted plants for this older lady. It was sunny two days in a row this week so that was very lucky. I think I got a little bit tan. It was bring your own container to 7-11 for Slurpees so I drank probably a gallon of Slurpee this weekend. It was amazing. I'll attach some pics of that. This is the last week of the transfer so I might have a new companion soon. I'm not sure yet. I will almost certainly stay in Canby though. Unless they whitewash the area. You never know, so I will keep you all posted. Other than that nothing super exciting happened. Easter is coming up so we are pretty excited about that. And then the week after I think is general conference so that should be awesome.

Spiritual thought:
Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; and break forth into singing, O mountains: for the Lord hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted. (Isaiah 49) Go knows what each of us is experiencing and he will help us through our trials. Especially when we turn to him in times of need. Thank you all for your support and prayers.

Love,

Elder Garfield

No comments:

Post a Comment